Need a cheap hosting and domain provider

(Shubham Pawar) #1

I have a site which is hosted on Godaddy but Godaddy hosting+domain costs ₹523 per month. But i want a cheap cost for hosting so please suggest a good provider.

(Saksham Kumar) #2

Go with Vultr or DO and manage your site using free serverpilot plan. It will cost you only $5 per month and you will get 1Gb Ram, 25 GB SSD and you will not have to share that with anybody.

Speed will be awesome.

(Shubham Pawar) #3

You have any guide to transfer domain and hosting from godaddy to it. I want to start my site as i didn’t worked on it from last year and now my plan is expired :anguished:.

(Saksham Kumar) #4

Use this simple guide.

And there you will also get a 25 dollars coupon so you only have to pay 10 dollar for next 7 months. :smiley:

(Shubham Pawar) #5

Thanks this info is helpful but what about domain?

(Saksham Kumar) #6

You want to buy a domain also?

(Shubham Pawar) #8

I have but in the godaddy account and i want to transfer it to other provider

(Saksham Kumar) #9

To transfer it you have to pay for one next year. So if you will transfer to Google domains the that will cost 860 rupees.

(Shubham Pawar) #10

Thanks for help mate. @Saksham_Kumar

(Shubham Pawar) #11

Bro can u also suggest a good domain provider with cheap rates.

(Susmitha Sai) #12

Hi Kumar!

Is CDN required if we are hosting website on Digital Ocean?DO has datacenter in banglore.So I am expecting page loading time will be less up time will be good.

So Getting a CDN with DO will be of significant help? Or DO hosting alone is sufficient?

Please let me know .Thank you.

(Saksham Kumar) #13

All domain providers give discount on domains only for the first year… After that for renewal… prices are almost same of everyone.

CDN is required if you have your traffic from multiple countries. If you have majority of traffic from India or from one country only then no use of CDN. Just choose server location of your targeted country.

(Susmitha Sai) #14

I understood! Thank you for the reply.

(Sahil Sharma) #15

Try NAMESILO. You will get a domain in 7$ with free privacy protection. Renewal prices are also low

(Peter) #16

Just got these sales from Godaddy’s homepage today. You can buy these domains for new sites.

Limited-time offer! 18 domains at 3 great prices, as low as $1.99*/1st yr each.

$1.99/1st yr*
.biz
.fun
.guru
.info
.today
.world

$2.99/1st yr
.me
.mobi
.online
.shop
.store
.tel

$3.99/1st yr*
.blog
.cloud
.pro
.org
.solutions
.tech

Cheers,

(WP-Admin) #17

Godaddy is best in the market when it comes to domain.

Host at Digital Ocean, since DO is unmanaged virtual server, you have to install everything by yourself. You can message me in case you need help in Wordpress Installation and Site Migration to Do from Godaddy.

(sanu) #18

Namesilo and Porkbun, they are best. they don’t increase their price on renewal plus free privacy
Nameslio running promotion where you can get .com for $5.89 + free privacy

Have you noticed what Godaddy has done recently?
You must use a Credit card if you use any promotional code.
All other payment options disappear :disappointed_relieved:

(Shubham Pawar) #19

Where i can avail this offer??

(Saksham Kumar) #20

Have you visited the link which I posted above?

(Peter) #21

Nameslio running promotion where you can get .com for $5.89 + free privacy

The price in the promotion is $6.89, but when using the coupon 1welcome you will get more $1 discount ($5.89)

Have you noticed what Godaddy has done recently?
You must use a Credit card if you use any promotional code.

I didn’t see anything. When buying domains in their promotion I use credit card, that’s no problem.