I lost my traffic in last 15 days!! But this is the steps that I used to get them back. Pretty simple but useful!
I lost almost 50% of my traffic and today I recovered about 80% of my traffic in a week!
The traffic loss might be due to following reasons -
- Your ranking of articles has been overtaken by other blogs.
- Your content was ranking on SE because you’ve had good content a few days ago!! But now other blogs to have some good content!!
- Your authority might not be large enough!! But sometimes you can overrank others too…
& Many more,
But this is what have been doing since last 2 weeks. (15 days).
- I updated my all articles. There were only 54 articles. Added new content to them.
- One mistake few of them might be doing is that you might be changing the dates. You should never do so. Because SE might think that the published article is new. (Which may again take much time to rank).
- I interlinked with newer and older articles.
- Added few outbound links.
- Did few keyword research. Added them to first 100 words.
- Most importantly I added the meta description. As Google had an update you can now input 320 characters in meta. So, did that.
- There were few grammatical mistakes. So, corrected them with Grammarly.
- Started sending few emails.
- Got some traffic from Twitter, FB & Reddit. (Got lots of followers from Twitter.)
- Looked for errors in Search Console.
- Also, fixed some redirection errors.
This is all I did!!!
This is what I say will happen in few days!!
In 15 days I recovered 80% of traffic. That is great!! But not only that! I made my site SEO strong.
This will not only recover the ranking but will also grow my ranking.
I do not say that this should only be followed by the people who have lost the traffic but also by the people who are blogging right now.