How do you do keyword research for a single blog post?

(Istiak Rayhan) #1

Here’s what I do.

1. Once I got a blog post idea, I go to Google and see if people are searching for the keywords by checking Google Auto Suggest.

2. If Google Auto Suggest worked for the keyword, I go to SEMrush to check the search volume and keyword difficulty.

3. Then check the first page ranked blog posts and the keywords that drive traffic to them. And try to come up with a less difficult long tell keyword.

These are the simple three steps that I follow to do keyword research for a single blog post.

Now I’d like to hear from you. How do you do keyword research for a single blog post?

(Ratnakar Shukla) #2

Use keyword planner by Google Adwords and then do proper research according to your blog and then Bid Accordingly

(Professional Blogger) #3

I never use any keyword tool because I know all the keywords those people use to search in my niche.

(Ajay Malik) #4

This is the same technique used by millions of blogger only.
Here what I Use ?
1.) Find Google auto suggest and related keyword and no. them according to search volume.
2.) Go to Wikipedia and search for any term related to that keyword
3.) Go to forums, quora, yahoo answer and find people’s problem related to that keyword and also get ideas from there solution.
4.)Than I go to udemy and find any course related to that keyword and get ideas from there content of table
5.) My last Keyword research tool in amazon books and there content of table
Now make a spreadsheet according to search volume and assign some LSI and Long tail keyword to some top most keyword.
It Take me one day to find write keyword.

(Clemmie Everhart) #5

Here are my steps

1. Decide what my content mentions about: Write out the three top goals of my web content.

2. Decide who I’m writing to: By defining who, exactly, I’m writing your content to, I can provide more valuable information, tailor my language effectively, and produce more conversions.

3. Use essential SEO keyword research tools: Ian’t do my keyword research correctly without tools

I have some suggestions:

SEMrush is a hugely effective long-tail keyword research tool–currently, the leading one online. Because SEMrush allows you to see how your competitors are ranking for given keywords, it’s the stand-out tool that many professionals prefer. Additionally, SEMrush allows you to see which keywords your competitors are bidding on, so you can tailor your keyword strategy accordingly.

Google AdWords Keywords Planner: Long hailed as the pinnacle of keyword research, the Keyword Planner offers a unique tool that can be helpful for the marketer searching for long-tail keyword ideas

Wordpress Longtail Keywords SEO: will suggest you the keywords that related to the main topic and your content.

1. Start writing

Once I’ve decided which keyword phrases I should be targeting, it’s time to create content to house them

(Manash) #6

Focusing on long tail keywords is not a good idea anymore

(Nirmal Kumar) #7

Why do you feel so about those long - tail keywords?

(Manash) #8

Because of Google panda update.

(Clemmie Everhart) #9

In contrast, in my opinion, I believe that longtail keywords will dominate.
Longtail keywords are becoming mainstream. Digital marketers use longtail keywords as less competitive sources of both organic and paid traffic.

(Manash) #10

No it is not. Watch this:- https://mega.nz/#!5j4wzK6J!exIIlBv4olWBoYeFZZgGkmiDk6khOP6W6RoBhjhwAgE
Skip to 3:32

(Clemmie Everhart) #11

so what do you think what we should do SEO in 2018?

(Manash) #12

As Brian dean suggest in his SEO that works course we should focus on medium tail keywords

(Kim Sharma) #13

Use any premium tool if you want to save time. Use any tool that can find out all suggestions + auto fill + Search volume trends and difficulty all together. That saves a lot of time.

(Clemmie Everhart) #14

As I found out, I have some opinions:

1. Google Panda New Update. It focuses on the way we do content rather than longtail keywords. It means that the more unique the content is, the higher rank our website will be, no duplicate content or keywords. Therefore, Google Panda does not affect longtail keywords.

2. Longtail still plays an important role in many criteria:

• Market Research
  • Customers’ database
  • Various contents and more valuable to users.
  1. Longtail keywords bring high conversion rate. The key point is how we create content and do SEO

(Manash) #15

Yes you are right. And this is where Google hummingbird update comes into action. See this video you will understand it better: https://mega.nz/#!c7pBzCaR!Ae5Zulx51hejblGdfZCiVEIHKj0Isth5n_ji6WgVkro

After all a $3000 course couldn’t be wrong!